AFFILIATE LINKS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
In many of our articles, at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission when readers purchase products through our links.
This doesn't affect which articles are included in our articles. The products we recommend are for their quality, performance and overall reputation regardless of any affiliate relationships. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fitness becomes harder and harder to achieve as our increasingly busier schedules pull us away from an active lifestyle. Thankfully, NordicTrack has released a product that will get you moving and keep you there: The C 1650 Treadmill. Featuring reliable operation and state-of-the-art features, this treadmill has everything needed to shed weight and gain maximum fitness!
Unlike regular treadmills that just offer moving belts, the C 1650 offers a plethora of workout tools to complement your exercise regime. A large, web enabled touchscreen interface allows you to view all the important metrics of your workout in real time. For users requiring some extra motivation, a suite of other professionally certified fitness apps are available. Finally, thanks to the high-tech drive system, this treadmill runs cooler and quieter than any others on the market.
The NordicTrack C 1650’s Main Features
- 10-inch touch screen interface for controlling all facets of the treadmill and your workout
- Internet connectivity via Wi-Fi
- View metrics like calories burned, decline, distance, heart rate, incline, speed, time both averaged through your workout and in real time
- Advanced, extra large belt drive system with a 3.5 continuous duty rating (CHP)
- Dual cooling fans
- Tread belt measures 20 inches in width by 60 inches in length with stretch resistance
- iPod console with integrated sound system and dual 2 inch speakers
- 34 included workout apps, designed by personal trainers
- Designed to fold up compactly
- iFit technology allows you to explore any locale in the world using Google Maps Street View images directly on your screen, that automatically follow your run
- 325lb weight limit
- Wheels at the front and back of the frame
- The 10-inch touch screen makes controlling your workout easy and intuitive, even in the midst of heavy sprints
- Wi-Fi connectivity allows the user to surf the web, connect a music playback device, and even watch videos from your tablet, so no workout ever gets too boring
- The ability to view multiple metrics in real time allows you to custom tailor each workout to your needs, and adjust your effort on the fly for your desired goals
- The extra large, high tech belt system allows for smooth, silent, and long-lasting motor operation
- 5 continuous duty rating means plenty of power and durability
- Dual cooling fans stave off damage to the unit due to excess motor heat, especially during intense workouts
- Extra wide, stretch resistant tread belt alleviates friction and slippage for minimum noise and maximum lifespan
- Integrated sound system and iPod console means a comfortable listening experience during your workout, and no more fussing with headphones mid-run
- 34 additional, professionally certified workout apps allow users to select a wide range of custom tailored fitness programs on the fly
- Folding SpaceSaver design makes this treadmill ideal for storing in even the smallest of spaces in the home when not in use
- AutoBreeze fan technology provides personal cooling during your workout, and can run at your preferred speed, or intelligently self adjust during your workout
- Frame and motor feature a lifetime warranty, in addition to a 2 year labor warranty and 5 year parts warranty
- Adjustable tablet holder allows full, ergonomic use of your personal touchscreen tablet during workouts
- iFit program turns dull indoor workouts into action-packed adventures without stepping foot outside, great for rainy day runs
- High weight limit makes this treadmill suitable for both new fitness enthusiasts and seasoned athletes
- Wheels on the frame make this treadmill easy to reposition after assembly
- Assembly is rather difficult and unnecessarily complicated
- Packing materials tend to get stuck in the treadmill during assembly, and can affect performance
- Faulty motor units are commonplace on the C 1650 when first shipped to a customer
- Some of the advanced features such as iFit require a small monthly fee
- Poor customer support
The NordicTrack C 1650 is pretty standard in regards to performing typical treadmill duties. Like most treadmills, its belt turns and it holds a fairly consistent speed. Where the NordicTrack really shines is in its unique and exciting multimedia features.
The iFit program is phenomenal for outdoor runners who are locked inside by a rainy day, but can’t stand the monotony of indoor treadmills. With iFit and the C 1650’s 10-inch screen, runners can instantly teleport themselves to any destination in the world. Visuals are provided by Google Street View’s stunning imagery.
Finally, the wealth of fitness apps and real-time metrics supported by the NordicTrack C 1650 make it a cut above for competitive training. With its full suite of workout apps and data tracking, you can optimize the tiny details of your fitness regime for maximum progression.
In theory, the NordicTrack C 1650 is one of the most fully featured, complete and perfected treadmills ever released. With tracking WiFi connectivity, features galore, fitness apps and the all-too exciting iFit program, it is as much a multimedia powerhouse as it is a serious fitness tool. For runners with a serious motivation issues, the NordicTrack C 1650 packs everything they can possibly need to cope with their workouts into one device.
In practice, however, the C 1650 is just too unreliable to be wholeheartedly recommended. With numerous reports of faulty motors and shoddy customer service, this is not a treadmill that can be relied upon for more than a few months. Unfortunately, not all of the advanced features in the world can make up for a treadmill that fails to perform consistently.
In conclusion, if you are in the market for a reliable, long lasting treadmill for indoor workouts, you’d better steer clear of the NordicTrack C 1650. However, if you are willing to put up with potentially faulty motors requiring frequent repair, and a poor customer service record, this could be the treadmill for you. That is if, and only if, the advanced multimedia features and training support outweigh those headaches for you.