With hundreds of treadmill and fitness equipment brands already on the market, and more appearing every day, knowing who to trust can be daunting. Every brand claims to have the best features, construction and service. Separating the big talk from the manufacturers who deliver is often a long and pricey process of trial and error.
Below are ten of the most well proven manufacturers of treadmills and fitness equipment on the web. These makers have thousands of satisfied clients to their name, and some of the most impressive and well valued products you are likely to find! While no company is without its flaws, you would be hard pressed to find others that build and market their products even half as well.
In the past few years, NordicTrack has become a household name in treadmill manufacturer across the internet. NordicTrack’sfame can be attributed not only to the high quality of their products, but also their innovative tech features. Indeed, no other treadmill manufacturer manages to cram quite as many multimedia functions and comfort additions into their treadmills as NordicTrack.
- Interactive Personal Training at Home powered by iFit; gain access to on-demand, interactive trainer-led global and studio workout programs; membership required, sold separately
- 10% OneTouch incline control, 10 MPH SMART OneTouch speed control; spacious 20” x 55” tread belt
- Bluetooth connection allows iFit to automatically adjust your treadmill’s speed and incline to match trainer recommendations and mimic real-life terrain; integrated tablet holder secures your tablet or smartphone
- Enjoy a quiet workout with a powerful 2.6 CHP* DurX Smart Response Motor perfect for running, jogging, and walking in the comfort of your home
- Innovative SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist means your treadmill can fold up after your run for compact, simple storage. iPod Compatible Sound System
Nearly all treadmills in their lineup come standard with large, easy to read touchscreen displays, smartphone connectivity and powerful fitness applications. Top of the line models even go as far as to include intelligent cooling fans and WiFi connectivity! If multimedia features and comfort are your main criteria, its hard to go wrong with a NordicTrack treadmill.
Weslo is a direct competitor to NordicTrack, putting out treadmills and other fitness products that balance features, performance, quality and design ingenuity. What Weslo treadmills lack in sheer quantity of hi-tech features, they often make up for in subtle, well though out design additions.\
Comparing a Weslo and a NordicTrack treadmill is often difficult, as they frequently go toe-to-toe for features and quality at similar price points. The decision will often come down to one or two small features that one treadmill boasts, while the other does not. In short, Weslo is an excellent on par with NordicTrack, and the customer’s choice between the two will largely be up to personal preferences.
3. Sunny Health & Fitness
When it comes to fitness products, Sunny Health & Fitness is all about simplicity and reliability. This is particularly evident in all of their treadmills, which often feature relatively barebones features in a long-lasting, quality exuding package. Many of their treadmills feature nothing more than a large LCD with some preset workout plans and intuitive controls.
- 20 peak HP drive system provides speeds of 0. 5 – 9 MPH along with 3 manual options for adjusting incline levels (0%, 2%, 4. 37%)
- Designed for a max user weight of 220 lbs. with 49L x 15. 5W inches of running surface
- Easy folding mechanism and soft drop system helps you unfold your treadmill safely and hands free
- Handrail controls allow you to control speed, start and stop. Pause function – Press the stop button once to stop the belt and pause your run while keeping your current data and running stats intact
- 9 Built-in workout programs with large LCD displays time, distance, speed, calories burned and pulse. Convenient smart phone/tablet holder is included to fit different devices
- included components: Treadmill, User Manual, Hardware
However, Sunny Health & Fitness treadmills are notable for excellent space saving features, and compact, easy-to-maneuver form factors. For users requiring a simple, no-frills fitness product that works as intended and keeps on ticking, it’s hard to hold a candle to Sunny Health & Fitness.
Ancheer fitness products straddle the line between minimalist and fully featured, a niche area that very few manufactures can successfully work in. However, treadmills and other products produced by Ancheer are not judged by their feature set, or lack there of. Ancheer has made a name for them, particularly in the treadmill market, by producing products with best-in-class durability and maintenance requirements.
- Digital Lcd Monitor & Pulse Grip: Monitor the heart and pulse rate, different progress in time, speed, distance, heart rate and calories burned, included with 12 workout programs that keep you challenged with your fitness goals.
- Quiet & Safety to use: Low noise motor, safety key and an emergency switch off button that immediately cuts off the power supply, running with a shock-absorbing system, high-strength, high-elastic double-layer running board, non-slip anti-static lawn texture running belt. Best for jogging, walking, running and aerobics at home.
- Multiple Choice of Modes: Manual mode P1-P12, time from minimum 5 to maximum 99 by press the “+ -”you can adjust distance from minimum 1KM to maximum 99KMS. Also can adjust calorie from minimum 10Cal to maximum 990Cal.
- Space Saver Design:Super easy assembly and fast. Compact footprint and a quick-folding design, the convenient transport wheel allows you to move easily and fold it for easy. Expanded size: 50.39 x 23.62 x 46.45 inches, folding size: 50.39 x 23.58 x 9.45 inches, suitable for families, dormitories, offices.
For the rare occasion that an Ancheer treadmill does breakdown, their customer service is best in the business. Their quality service is testified to by innumerable 5 star reviews across the entire web. For consumers that want to get as close to buying one treadmill for life as possible, treadmills made by Ancheer are a clear choice.
NordicTrack and Weslo products are excellent investments, but there is no doubt that all of their outstanding features and construction come at a hefty price premium. Goplus specializes in filling the gap, offering feature sets similar to NordicTrack and Weslo at prices reflecting more spartan, minimalist treadmills.
- INNOVATIVE 2-IN-1 FOLDING TREADMILL — Compared to ordinary treadmills, our 2-in-1 treadmill has 2 modes to meet your different sports needs. When the riser is folded, it can be used as a jogging machine at a speed of 1-4km/h, so you can do other things while walking. When the handrail is raised, the running speed is 1-12km/h and you can run to reach your fitness goal.
- POWERFUL 2.25HP QUIET MOTOR & SHOCK REDUCTION SYSTEM — With a powerful and ultra-quiet 2.25HP motor, this treadmill allows you to walk or run without disturbing others, making it ideal for home and office use. With a sturdy and durable steel frame and multi-layer shield design, its shock-absorbing and noise-reducing, making your running quieter, safer and more comfortable.
- NON-SLIP RUNNING BELT & MULTIFUNCTIONAL LED DISPLAY — The 5-layer non-slip texture running belt features a spacious running area(40 x16), providing an effective and safe cushion for your knees and muscles for a superior running experience. The LED display clearly shows time, speed, distance and calories, monitoring your progress in real time and keeping your movement data at a glance.
- WITH BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, PHONE HOLDER & REMOTE CONTROL — Connect the treadmill to your phone through Bluetooth, so you can play music while you are exercising. You can also use the phone holder to watch videos or chat with friends. The remote control is convenient to adjust the speed of movement and stop instantly. Equipped with a safety key to shut down immediately in an emergency to protect your safety.
- EASY TO MOVE AND STORE — The compact, foldable design and built-in transport wheels make it easy to move and store this under desk treadmill to save space. And its out of the box and doesnt need to be installed.
Like the high-end treadmills they attempt to mimic, Goplus treadmills often sport iPad docks and connectivity, fitness apps and a whole host of monitoring options. Though they can offer all this at a fraction of the cost, the user pays for the difference in overall quality. Goplus treadmills are definitely built to a lower standard although, thankfully, this usually comes off in workmanship more so than durability.
NordicTrack is a leader in the treadmill and fitness industry, both online and offline, and it is plain to see why. With innumerable happy customers, revolutionary products and outstanding service, they are a fierce competitor and secure industry leader. For customers who need the most feature packed, high performance treadmills and exercise equipment, NordicTrack delivers.
No company is without its flaws though, even a top seller like NordicTrack. There is, undoubtedly, a handful of customers who have, for one reason or another, been unsatisfied with the company’s offerings. For them, Weslo stands as a valued alternative, offering very similar features and quality to NordicTrack treadmills and equipment, but often differing slightly. As previously stated, the preference between these two fitness giants will often come down to personal preference of the user, and past experiences with either company.
If better prices and simpler, well designed products are more your speed, Sunny Health & Fitness is the token brand.They provide great, simplistic treadmills and fitness equipment that are sure to compliment your workouts. Though they do not feature the fanciest tech and features like NordicTrack’s and Weslo’s offerings, they are high-quality products at a reasonable price.
Some consumers, who don’t fit the maximalist styles of NordicTrack and Weslo, but need more than the minimalism offered by Sunny Health & Fitness. For them, there is Ancheer. Their treadmills straddle the line between featured rich and minimal, making them an excellent go between manufacturer. Most importantly, they feature renowned durability that ensures an Ancheer will be one of the last treadmills you ever need to buy.
Finally, Goplus has great offerings for customers who want the features of a NordicTrack or Weslo, but can’t quite stomach the price. However, that is only if those customers are also comfortable sacrificing some quality and longevity for the reduced price.
Be sure to check out our article on the best treadmills under $600.