If you’re treadmill budget is in the $1000 price range, and you’re looking for it to fit in your home, it’s best to find one that can do it all. From walking, to jogging, and running.
Treadmills are very complicated pieces of equipment, there are so many features on these products it can be very hard to distinguish what is a good quality treadmill from one that is of poor quality. If you are looking particularly for a treadmill for the purpose of running, there are a few different major considerations you need to have.
Depending on how fast of a runner you are, you are going to need a motor that is capable of running the treadmill for whatever length of time you plan on using it.
Smaller motors aren’t capable of moving the belt as fast and they are a lot more prone to overheating. Other major considerations include whether you need pre-set workouts, what you like for hand rails, how big of a space you like to run on, and what features you want built into the console.
One other thing you may want to factor into your decision making is the amount of storage available for holding water bottles, personal effects etc. If you are looking for a treadmill that is going to last you for years down the road, you may want to make sure that your treadmill has a lengthy warranty that backs up the most expensive components of the treadmill such as the motor and frame.
Best Treadmills Under $1000 For The Home
NordicTrack T Series Treadmill
Sunny Health 7700 Asuna Treadmill
Horizon Fitness T202 Treadmill
SOLE F63 Treadmill
ProForm 705 CST Treadmill
XTERRA TR300 Treadmill
Sunny Health 7750 ASUNA
ProForm 600i Treadmill
3G Cardio Lite Treadmill
Body-Solid T50 Treadmill
FUEL T4 Folding Treadmill
What Is A Treadmill?
A treadmill is a great way to get yourself into better shape. Basically a treadmill consists of a motor that drives a conveyor belt around and around in a continuous loop.
Generally the speed at which the belt is going is adjustable. The rate the belt moves is the rate that the person who is running or walking on the belt has to move on top of it in order to remain on the treadmill.
Quite often treadmills have foot wells on either side so that you can step off the treadmill easily when you need to. A safety feature built into virtually every treadmill are hand rails that extend out on either side of the running platform that you can grab onto should you get thrown off balance, can’t keep up with the speed or need a bit of a break.
Another version of the treadmill is manually powered by how fast you are running or walking and the belt only spins as fast as you can make it go. On today’s treadmills there are tons of varieties carrying a multitude of different options depending on the price you are willing to pay.
You can get treadmills that have adjustable inclines as well as that track a huge amount of statistics that can help you meet your fitness goals. Some of the statistics that can be tracked include: calories burned, heart rate, time, distance, and even your overall statistics over the length of time that you have used the machine.
Some of the newest treadmills are Bluetooth and Wi-Fi compatible and can send your progress directly to your computer or phone for further processing and analysis.
Why Do You Need A Treadmill for Running?
You may not think you need a treadmill if you are a runner, but you do need a treadmill for running on for a variety of reasons. The main reason being that it is way better for your joints and body to run on a flat, comfortable belt rather than down a bumpy road.
You will save yourself years of aches and pain as well as you wear out your shoes a lot faster running outdoors than you do indoors costing you more money. Another major benefit is that since you aren’t leaving your home when you use your treadmill you don’t have to worry about access to water, food, or putting on brand new clothes after your workout.
One other major benefit of being able to run inside of your own house is that you can have a shower as soon as your workout is over. Owning your own treadmill allows you to keep better track of your overall fitness and gives you the opportunity to run when the weather isn’t co-operating with your fitness schedule.
One great benefit to owning your own treadmill is that you can wear whatever clothes you are comfortable in and not have to worry about others opinions; seeming as you are within your own house and can wear whatever you want without judgement.
How To Choose The Best Treadmill For Running
When you are choosing the best treadmill for running the first thing you need to take into account is what kind of running you are going to be doing on the treadmill. If you are going to be doing any sprinting you definitely can’t cheap out and get a treadmill with a small motor as these will not be capable of going the fast speeds that you need.
Should you be doing anything else other than sprinting, you will still want to make sure that the motor won’t overheat when you run at your preferred speed for any length of time. Other major factors in your decision making may include things like how portable the treadmill is; depending on if you plan to take it with you on trips or just moving it around the house, it can be a pain if you have a heavy treadmill with no wheels.
Another thing you may want to take into account is what kind of statistics your treadmill keeps track of so that you can set goals for yourself. Being able to keep track of your progress and eventually meet your goals is very important and being able to see your progress every time you work out can be a huge benefit and a motivation to keep you going.
Best Treadmill Under $1000
NordicTrack T Series Treadmill
The T Series Treadmill is the most advanced personal training treadmill on the market and it’s designed with you in mind. The 10-inch interactive HD touchscreen makes it easy to access your fitness goals, and the 10 % OneTouch incline control gives you a customized workout by allowing you to reposition the incline at any time during your run or workout. With two pre-set programs, a custom program, and 5 user profiles, this treadmill allows you to truly experience a holistic approach to your fitness goals.
- Stream Workouts At Home: on-demand library of workouts available anytime day or night
- On-Demand Trainers: you don’t have to work out alone or without guidance
- Live Interactive Coaching: your trainer controls your speed and incline so your only concern is getting the most out of every workout.
- Google Maps: unique, one-of-a-kind route picking thru Google Maps Workout Technology
- Workout Insights: personalized workout data to track progress
- Multi-User: share the treadmill and all of its customizable features for up to 4 people
- 10” Smart HD Touchscreen
- Includes 1-Year NordicTrack iFit® membership**
- Auxiliary Music Port
- Dual 2” Digitally Amplified Speakers
- 0-10% Incline
- 0-10 MPH Speed
- One Touch® Controls
- 2.6 CHP DurX™ Commercial Plus Motor◊
- 1.9” Precision and Balanced Non-Flex Rollers
- 300 Lb User Capacity
- EKG Grip Pulse
- FlexSelect™ Cushioning
- 20” x 55” Commercial Tread Belt
- SpaceSaver® Design with EasyLift™ Assist
- 20 On-Board Workout Programs
- 203 Lb In Box Product Weight
- 54″ H x 36″ W x 73.5″ L Footprint
- 10-Year Frame Warranty
- 2-Year Parts Warranty
- 1-Year Labor Warranty
Sunny Health & Fitness 7700 ASUNA, Hi-Performance Cardio Trainer Self Powered Manual Treadmill
Sunny Health & Fitness 7700 ASUNA is a multi-purpose high performance cardio trainer that delivers the optimum cardiovascular workout. The Sunny Health & Fitness 7700 ASUNA has a dual flywheel system with static incline position of 10 degrees for easy and efficient exercise. The Sunny Health & Fitness 7700 ASUNA features a high weight capacity of 440 pounds and comes with soft drop system which offers more safe place to workout on the unit.
Unlike any of the other treadmills here, the 7700 Asuna is truly unique. It is a manual treadmill and has the highest weight capacity of any treadmill on this list. It is heavy duty and designed to help those with a large amount of weight to lose, or those ultra-competitive athletes that are looking for a complete workout.
- 8 Resistance levels
- Dual weighted flywheels
- 6-10 Degree incline range
- Device holder
- 440 lb weight capacity
- Adjustable magnetic resistance
- Manual Incline
- Heavy duty
- Shock absorption running deck
- 51L x 17.75W in running deck
- Multi-grip handles
- Soft drop system
- Transportation wheels
- 10-Year Frame Warranty
- 2-Year Parts Warranty
- 1-Year Labor Warranty
Horizon Fitness T202 Advanced Treadmill
The Horizon Fitness T202 treadmill is a great value. It features bluetooth connectivity and integrated speakers for an amazing workout experience. It also tracks your data using the free Horizon Fitness app, so you will know how much you have burned, how fast your heart rate is going, and what pace you are working out at. The 60″ 3-Zone padded deck provides a cushioned workout experience that works muscles from head to toe. One touch keys allow you to easily increase or decrease speed and tension levels.
We really like that Horizon Fitness has put a lifetime frame and motor warranty on the T202!
- Running Area: 20″ x 60″
- Cushioning: 3-Zone Variable Response Cushioning
- Motor: 2.75 Continuous-Duty Horsepower
- Belt: 1.4mm, Silicone
- Deck Thickness: 0.7″ (18mm)
- Speed Range: .5 – 12 mph
- Incline Range: 0 – 12%
- Dimensions: 75″ x 34″ x 58″
- Folded Dimensions: 47″ x 34″ x 65″
- Max User Weight: 325 lbs.
Sole F63 Treadmill
The F63 is the ultimate value in treadmills. It’s affordable, and it’s got all the features you need at a great price. The 3.0 HP motor operates quietly, with 15 levels of incline that let you adjust your workout to your level of fitness. Built-in bluetooth audio speakers let you listen to your favorite music while working out on the F63, or plug in your iPod, tablet, or phone and enjoy some tunes on those long runs!
- Weight Capacity: 325 lbs
- Length: 82″
- Width: 35″
- Motor: 3.0 HP
- Incline Range: .5 – 12 mph
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Deck: 3 Years
- Electronics: 3 Years
- Parts: 3 Years
- Labor: 1 Years
ProForm 705 CST Treadmill
Designed for home use, the ProForm 705 CST Treadmill delivers the fun and convenience of iFit workouts. The 5” backlit display makes it easy to see what you are doing, while the iFit Trainer method allows you to program your own custom workout. When you want to get out and move, just grab the ProForm 705 CST Treadmill from your closet and get moving-it’s that easy!
- IFit ready, 5 inch back lit display, 22 preset workout apps, EKG grip pulse, 2.75 chp drive System Motor
- 20 x 60 inches tread belt, 0 to12 MPH digital quick speed control, 0 to 12 percent digital quick incline control
- Proshox cushioning, SpaceSaver design, coolaire workout fan, integrated tablet holder
- Ipod compatible audio (dual 2 inches speakers), 1.9 inches precision machined & balanced non flex rollers, 325 pounds weight capacity
- The Pro Form 705 cast is protected with a lifetime frame & motor warranty, a 2 year parts warranty, and a 1 Year labor warranty
XTERRA Fitness TR300 Folding Treadmill
The XTERRA Fitness TR300 is the complete fitness solution for workouts where you’ll get the most out of your time. With a large 20″ x 55″ walking/running surface, 24 preset programs, heart rate control (standard). Plus, it’s Extra Soft Cushioned Deck gives you a great workout every time. The Handlebar Speed and Incline Controls allow you to customize your workout to fit your needs.
- Dimensions: 72.2″ x 35″ x 54.1″
- Motor: 2.25HP
- Speed Range: 0.5 – 10Mph
- Incline Range: 10 levels
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Deck: 1 year
- Parts: 1 year
- In-Home Labor: 1 year
Sunny Health & Fitness 7750 Asuna SpaceFlex Motorized Running Treadmill
The Sunny Health & Fitness 7750 is a state of the art, modern design, drop system, transportable gym. It’s super sleek and modern with a futuristic look to it. The instructions are easy to follow and is easy to assemble fairly quickly. ax. There’s many different programs you can choose from like the walk program where your speed gets slower as your heart rate does… etc You can also easily adjust your incline level by using the slide bar on either side of the machine.
- DESIGN: State of the art modern design offers large deck space to run or walk, but compact enough to fit in most areas of the home. 6 separate LED windows clearly display all the important workout data i.e. Incline level, Heart Rate, Calories, Time, Distance, Step Count, Speed.
- CONSTRUCTIONS: Sturdy handrails are available to assist getting on and off the treadmill. Textured deck rails allows user to place feet securely on both sides of the treadmill deck. Folding tablet bracket securely holds mobile devices.
- PERFORMANCE: Control functions are user friendly with easy to reach start and stop buttons. Quick speed and incline buttons. 8 built in workout programs or create your own workout with the 3 user customizable programs. Ergonomic vertical handles with pulse sensors accurately read your heart rate.
- FITNESS: Reach a maximum speed of 8 miles an hour with the powerful motor. 12 levels of incline will automatically go up and down with the easy to reach buttons. Integrated shock pads minimized the ground reaction resulting in less impact on the joints.
- CONVENIENCE: Folds completely flat and stands upright by itself, against a wall or flat surface. Non-marking transportation wheels make moving in and out easy and convenient.
ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill
The IFit enabled ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill is the perfect treadmill for those looking to get in a fantastic workout or just want to take their health and fitness to the next level. With a full color capacitive touch display, 2.5 chp drive system, speed 0-10 MPH and weight capacity 300 pounds, this treadmill is perfect for anyone looking to get in an efficient low impact workout or just wants to take their fitness and health levels up a notch.
- IFit enabled 10 inch full color capacitive touch display
- Motor 2.5 chp drive system, tread belt 18 inches x 55 inches, speed 0 to 10 MPH digital quick speed
- 50 percent workouts, heart rate EKG grip Pulse
- Control incline/decline 0 to 10 percentage, fan Coola ire weight capacity 300 pounds
- Lifetime frame motor warranty lifetime motor parts & labor warranty 2 year parts, 1 year Labor
3G Cardio Lite Runner Treadmill
3G Cardio Lite Treadmill is perfect for any room. The treadmill frame is lightweight yet well built, making it easy to transport and set up. It will roll through a doorway and comes with an easy to use console monitor that keeps you in control of your workout. 10 Programs, a workout timer, heart rate monitoring system and many other features make this treadmill an excellent choice for home use.
- Drive Motor Size: 2.5 High Torque HP
- Speed Low-High: 0-12 MPH
- Maximum Incline: 15%
- USB- Built in Speakers
- Running Belt Size: 18.5″ x 51.5″ OrthoFlex
Body-Solid Endurance T50 Walking Treadmill for Low Impact Exercises and Rehabilitation
The new and improved T50 from Body-Solid is an ideal choice for the aging senior. With a new, larger, full-length handrail, the T50 has been designed to keep you stable while walking or running on it. The new display has a brighter background and more contrast, providing better readability in bright sunlight. And the upgraded motor produces more power.
- SPEED: This Body-Solid treadmill is designed for a low impact workout with speeds from . 1 mph to 5 mph. Enjoy the comfort of the gym from home
- HANDRAILS: Features a 2 wide handrail that extends the length of the treadmill. Ideal for seniors, and use in recovery and rehabilitation. Grip along the middle, and sides for added support
- ERGONOMIC: The thick walking belt provides added comfort with an ergonomically positioned contact heart rate monitor. Includes an easy access entry ramp
- LED DISPLAY: This fitness equipment features a large LED display with oversized buttons. Includes information windows to monitor your time, distance, speed, and calories burned
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 77 x 30 x 54 inches ( L x W X H), and weighs 162 pounds
FUEL T4 Folding Treadmill with Built in Bluetooth Speakers
The FUEL T4 folding deck treadmill is a great option for those looking for a quality treadmill at an affordable price. This folding treadmill is equipped with a cushion flex whisper deck and an integrated console that provides all the functionality needed to run your workout routine efficiently and effectively. The FUEL T4 is available in multiple color options.
- Features. Folding Deck Design – Easy Assist – Fuel Fitness if proud to offer the best folding treadmill design on the market.. Convenient Controls – Users want to have the freedom of increasing speed and incline quickly, the display features speed/incline buttons along the sides of the LCD making it extremely convenient and easy to control and maintain your workout..
- Cushion Flex Whisper Deck – A unique design to any type of treadmill on the market, this deck provides our users with a comfortable and quiet workout as well as reducing impact of up to 40%.. Precision Welded Frame – Accurate and precise welding is important when designing a treadmill. Durability of a product begins with a strong frame, capable of handling multiple users of various weights and heights..
- Message Board – Fuel Fitness is proud to offer integrated message boards on most of our models. What is the Fuel Fitness Message Board; it is an alphanumeric text center that sends scrolling messages to the user in an effort to guide them through all of the details of every workout.. High Torque Motors with Flywheels – All Fuel Fitness treadmills feature the heaviest duty chassis and motors in their class..
- Belts – We use double woven 2-ply belts with four layers on almost all of our treadmills. Two rubber layers over a middle PVC layer with a nylon backing that rolls over the deck and rollers.. Bullet proof frames – All Fuel Fitness treadmills feature epoxy powder coated paint, baked to appliance finish durability.
Horizon T101 Go Series Treadmills
The Horizon T101 Go Series is the perfect cardio equipment for anyone looking for a versatile machine with a modern look and feel. The 3-zone deck uses premium cushioning to provide a more comfortable workout experience than ever before. A one-step hydraulic folding system allows you to fold the deck in under three minutes, eliminating the need for an electrical motor. The Horizon T101’s advanced belt drive system provides an enhanced workout, while its advanced fanning system ensures your exercise session will be less affected by wind or weather conditions.
- Powerful 3 0 CHP motor
- 60” 3-Zone cushioned deck for comfortable footfalls
- Effortlessly store between workouts with one-step hydraulic folding
- Lifetime frame and motor
Treadmills are an amazing way to improve the condition of your heart, muscles, body and mind. Staying physically active throughout your life is extremely important and will only help you live a longer, healthier lifestyle.
Whether you just hop onto your treadmill once a week, or everyday it can be a great way to lose weight, maintain cardiovascular shape or to break a sweat and help remove some of the harmful toxins contained within your body. Hopefully this article has been informative for you and you now have a better idea of both why you need a treadmill, as well as what you should look for in a treadmill.
Overall, our selection for the best treadmill under $1000 are:
Best Treadmill: Overall
NordicTrack T Series Treadmill
Best Treadmill: Compact
ASUNA Self Powered Treadmill
You may also be interested in ...