Table of Contents
Fitness Reality Treadmill: Is the Price Right?
Healthy eating has become such a part of our society today. More people are concerned with where their food is coming from and whether it will improve or harm to their body. There has been a surge of vegans, vegetarians, lactose-free, and gluten-free people, due to the health benefits.
However, healthy foods alone cannot boost health. Exercise is one of the most important things in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle and live longer. It has been proven to be such an integral part to keep your heart strong and your mind alert.
Even though it comes with so many benefits, starting to exercise is incredibly challenging for most people. It requires a new routine, finding what you are going to do, learning what exercises are best and how to do them safely. There are multitudes of options available to you to exercise, that it can be quite the daunting task to make a decision.
On top of that, beginning to work out is a financial investment and you want to make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck! Of course, the first thing you will have to judge is whether to start working out at a gym or if you would rather work out from home.
With long days at work, and also taking care of a family, many choose the latter option. One of the best devices to begin working from home is the treadmill. They are easy to use, provide a fantastic cardio workout, and many come with additional technological features.
They are an investment, however, with many exceeding over $1000. One of the brands on the market today is the Fitness Reality TR3000.
The TR3000 Portable Folding Motorized Treadmill comes with many features to enhance your health and provide you with a fantastic way to work out from home. Some of these features include:
- Embedded display can track your progress
- Great size for an in home workout
- Able to both run and walk
- Pleasant simple design, safe and convenient handlebar controls
- Low noise motor
- Emergency stop to increase safety
- Excellent deck has great cushioning for ankle, back, and knee joints (helping muscles recover faster from workout)
- Durable and reliable
- Size of runway is 39.75 inches by 13.5 inches
- Can hold max weight of 250lbs.
- Incredible space saver, can basically fit anywhere
- Really easy to move as it is on wheels
- Comfortable to run on
- Very easy to put together
- Strong warranty
- Sturdy for being so small
- Incredibly affordable
- Emergency stop on handles very important
- Attractive appearance
- Does not have additional pre-set workouts on it
- A bit louder than most on the market
- Too narrow
- Will shake too much on the fastest speed
- Tested up to 325lbs of user weight. Capable of jogging and running. Heart Pulse pads allows the user to measure target heart rates
- Twin 6 inch diameter flywheels provide a smoother and more consistent workout unlike other single flywheel manual treadmills
- Treadmill belt is extended to 16 w x 45L. Wider and longer than most other manual treadmills available, providing benefits that only electric treadmills provide
- Pacer control 8 level magnetic tension, provides different levels of difficulty and helps stabilize the treadmill speed for hands-free walking
- Quick release incline adjustments features quick and easy 3 position Inclines of 8, 10, and 13 degrees
As I stated before, treadmills are a financial investment as they do range over $1000. However, if you find a good one, it can save you a lot of money on gym memberships, and also is much better on your body than running on pavement.
I always recommend for anyone buying a treadmill, or any workout product for that matter, to always go to a store in person to stand on it for yourself. Working out and comfort ability is different depending on your size/weight/goals, and while I do recommend making the actual purchase online, do not buy without standing on the product itself.
All that being said I do not fully recommend the Fitness Reality TR3000. Even though it comes at a fantastic price and is a LOT cheaper than most treadmills on the market today, it does come at a cost.
The TR3000 does not have many additional features that other treadmills have. There are no pre-set workouts, it cannot go too fast (in fear of it falling apart), there are no holders for your water bottle or mobile devices, and it does not have the best look.
That being said it is very small and can fit basically anywhere you want (even a small office) which is the biggest upside to the device. If you are really on a tight budget, then this is the one for you!
Be sure to check out our article on the best treadmills under $600.